On average 140 people search for “Virtual Data Room Comparison” globally on Google each month. There are many options when setting up a dataroom and with so much choice out there, it is easy to be overwhelmed. In the past, we have already discussed the most common mistakes that people make when choosing a data room provider and the factors to take into account when comparing providers. Here are some of the questions that you should consider when making a decision.
Some solutions are DIY (do-it-yourself) solutions complemented with online help guides. Others options include full-fledged service to upload documents, set up permissions and do a host of other functions as part of the offering.
- Does the Virtual Data Room provider assign a point person that drives the transaction or is everything sent to a common helpdesk?
- Does the service include managing documents, permissions, conversions and user follow-ups or do you have to do it all by yourself?
- Can you get in contact with the data room provider via a dedicated email, chat room or telephone? Is it really 24/7?
- Self-Management: Is the platform easy enough to operate on your own?
- Live Demos/Training: Can live demos be provided on request? You should be able to get as many demo and training sessions as required.