We are very happy to hear that the readers of Acquisition International have recognized our virtual data room service quality by naming us “Virtual Data Room provider of the year in India” and “Virtual Data Room Rising Star- UK” in Acquisition International's 2013 M&A awards.
Acquisition International's 2013 M&A awards celebrate excellence and commemorate the achievements and hard-work of all those involved in seeing a deal through to completion. The awards recognises investors, advisers and service providers pin-pointed for their expertise in their specialised field.
We have taken a break from giving tips on good Virtual Data Room practice and document security to share some exciting news. SunGard Availability Services, the global leading security infrastructure provider, has selected EthosData as the subject of a case study that discusses our new infrastructure, service and level of security.
The last few weeks have been very intense in the Virtual Data Room industry worldwide with in increasing number of transactions (finally). There has been a significant change in the make up of the data room users with private equity becoming much more important in the buy side.
Bloomberg has covered this in two recent articles from two different approaches. The first one argues that the increasing appetite of many funds is driven by the "deploy or return" situation that many funds are in. The second one (Pass the Parcel...) claims that the significant amount of rollover deals benefits funds but not so much LPs.
Step 2.5. Get simple technology infrastructure. Including a good analytics/CRM package (Pertrac for example) and an market leading reporting and document sharing platform to manage all the flow of documents to and fro potential investors.
During the next few weeks, we will talk about the the use of VDRs in different areas of the corporate world. Among others, we will focus on:
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Funds
- Hedge funds
- IPO Transactions
- Restructuring (Bankruptcy)
- Corporate Repository
We will share our experiences in each area with specific examples. Please send us comments and thoughts!
- Preparing documents for a transaction, especially when documents need to be put together from different sources and shared with different parties.
- Circulating information memoranda or teasers. A good virtual data room will make the process easier and will provide valuable tracking and audit information.
- Turning around drafts of legal agreements. A good dataroom offers a very simple, secure and easy-to-use document versioning system without the expense of complex dedicated document sharing platforms.
- Conducting due diligence, as a substitute for a paper or email-based data room.
- Closing a transaction, as a substitute for hard copy deal bibles. Very useful when reps and warranties are a key component of the transaction.